BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mission... MISSION... Mission on my mind....

So I've been 21 for a while now. I have best girlfriends going on missions and it is constantly being asked of me when I'll go on a mission, if I will, and have had the opportunity to hear tons of statements on the topic from " you would be an amazing missionary" to "girls suck as missionaries and I hated all the girls who served in my mission " (p.s. guys that does not make you seem appealing whatsoever when you say  things like the last statement) . Its tough deciding I haven't felt ready yet. I thought once I graduated school the decision would finally come easily for me. When my 21st birthday was fast approaching I had a slight panic. I thought I was supposed to know already and see what I was to be doing. But it still hasn't come, but I finally feel like I'm moving closer to that point. I have had some amazing roommates and girlfriends who served missions and changed my life and perspectives on so many things. Annie Cooprider who is a spiritual rock and pretty much the woman I want to be served a mission to the Anaheim California mission, and I have dreams of being like her. And several old roommates from Chelsee Walker (Las Vegas, NV mission) , Kristie Gatewood (SLC mission), Henna Raja (Taiwan) , Whitney Anderson (Taiwan), Jen Conder ( Canada), and I'm probably missing some + Vanessa Brown who will be serving in the SLC mission as well in the coming months. They are all amazing women and taught me that you need to be prepared for a mission and that its something you have to know you want to do, and you need to receive a spiritual confirmation that its what the Lord has planned for you. While I cannot fathom the blessings and how incredibly amazing it would be to serve the Lord like that and teach the gospel as a missionary , I know whether it be now in my life or just with my husband later in life it will be a glorious experience either way.

0 comments: