BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 22-Favorite city

Favorite City Continent  (Besides North America) So I couldn't decide on my favorite city and have only been inside the U.S. and Mexico but I want to mention somewhere I feel a deep connection to for reasons I dont really know and that I'm sure I will in time understand. I am obsessed with Africa. All the people close to me know this. I have never been there but feel extremely connected to it even though I have no ancestors that I know of from there. I have a painting of Christ holding this little African aids baby (the baby was painted from a real life African aids child) I cried the first time I saw it- from lots of emotions, I loved seeing a representation of Christ in such a way showing his love for all of his children, I was crying because of the sorrow I feel for children born with such a horrible disease, I cried because that kid was so darn cute I wanted him, and I cried because it was just a beautiful painting in general.

This painting is called "Worth of a Soul" by Liz Lemon Swindle...
I cannot explain how I feel, there is just something inside me that says that Africa and all its culture will be a huge part of my life someday. My friend Vanessa who I've talked to frequently about this suggested maybe it was because I would one day be called on an LDS church mission to Africa... which I would love, but I really don't know. I do know that I will go there one day, and I know in my heart that when I do it will be for more of a reason than going on vacation or just going to see the sights. I know this is odd, but usually when I have the feeling that something will happen, and especially when I feel it as strongly as this I know it will happen I just don't know how. When I think about Africa I just feel a huge love for the people, the culture, the scenery. Anyway that's my favorite continent (other than N. America because the good ol U.S.A. is on it which I love with all my heart).

0 comments: