BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 17-Something you're looking forward to

GRADUATE SCHOOL!!! So that's up there with owning my own cute little place- and getting married, but we'll just go with writing about graduate school since its in the foreseeable future. So I'm sooo excited for the options that graduate school opens up for me. With my masters in social work I'll be more likely to get a job with the international red cross (my dreammm!!!) and I'll just have a lot more freedom with what I can do. Instead of making measly money as a bachelors level social worker I'll be able to make less measly (still measly compared to other degrees) masters level social worker money! Plus because the place I want to end up is obviously California (my love) a masters is pretty much essential to being a "real" social worker. Besides the obvious results of graduate school I'm excited for graduate school just because its school! And I love school and have missed being in school terribly, because I feel quite productive when I'm in school. So I was considering/still kinda am waiting to do graduate school for a while because of the funding issue. I know I will go eventually- and I've been accepted for a program beginning this summer. I'm just in the predicament trying to figure out my life and if it makes the most sense to do it right now. Which I want it to because it will probably be more difficult later on (ignoring the funding issue) and I'm really itching to get into legit social work and being able to do whatever I want within the social work. Depending on if I get into this other school here in California,(Azusa Pacific University-a Christian University, in the San Gabriel Valley of CA, beautiful hot, wonderful, expensive)


I might end up  going to graduate school at Radford University  in Virginia that I was just accepted to- Which I chose randomly mostly because it has the advanced standing program is cheap and I would really just love to live on that side of the country for a while plus their colors/theme is green plaid like Irish plaid=I love plaid.Completly different vibe then azusa the town is small like Rexburg and cold like Rexburg but going to the Christian university will be more like BYUI then Radford.

Which makes me look forward to living on the east coast and having the crazy trip out there. Plus the advanced standing program which I was accepted to is only 9 months long- which is an amazing short amount of time, and I love having a clear idea when something will be finished and knowing when one adventure will be over and the other begins. And something I'm looking forward to that's coming up ultra soon... I'm leaving for Rexburg the day after tomorrow so I can see all my besties. And then a weekend in mission bay in april getting my kayaking on along with some intense skin baking... mmmmm my life is wonderful

0 comments: