BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happiness through difficult times

I'm finally getting back to my old self. I needed this year to shake me up a little and show me my weaknesses. I allowed myself to become someone I didnt want to be. But now these last two weeks I've felt an awakeneing you could call it in myself. I'm finally inspired again and now excited about my future like never before (I know its hard to believe I could be even more excited then I already was! But alas tis true) I'm finally feeling that motivated feeling again. And am so greatful for all the people who put up with my slacker self during this last year. But I'm back! Muah and using my ADHD (thanks dad!) for good and getting back to my hyper productive self. I know I've used this same quote in a previous post (I think?? One of my very first ones) but it describes what this last year was for me and helps me understand a lot of my feelings.

"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..."

Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love
 
This year has been hard but I was introduced to my spiritual master (God, Christ) in ways that I hadnt been before. Its those times when your on your knees because you feel there is nothing else you can do and your sorrow is too much to bear that you come to know your Savior in ways you never thought possible. God gives us trials so that we might better recognize blessings he gives us times of weakness to help us realize we must change and that he is the only way true change comes. 
"There is room for improvement in every life. Regardless of our occupations, regardless of our circumstances, we can improve ourselves and while so doing have an effect on the lives of those about us." Gordon B. Hinckley - Oct. Conf. 2002
 
 

0 comments: