BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 4-Your parents

So I'm not exactly doing this 30 day challenge consistently but there will be 30 blog entries on 30 different days by the time I done with it :).
 So my parents are amazing. They met up in Provo while going to school. They dated for two weeks over spring break and then got engaged, which sounds crazy! But it totally worked for them.  They are perfect for each other and complement each other so well. They are both redicuously smart and soo funny. My house is never boring and we laugh a  lot.  So my dad I've mentioned him before, but he is great. He loves to ride bikes, play basketball, work in the yard, fix/rebuild cars and serve in the church. He has been involved in scouts forever and he has such a good heart. He loves animals and especially dogs





This is him and his old dog back in the early 80s ( I just love old pictures)
My dad is the type that everyone wishes thier dad was like. He's so patient I seriously have rarely ever seen him loose his temper and when he does its kinda entertaining because he's still smiling . He's a Civil Engineer and loves it He's been with the same company for 25 years I think it was. Before that he worked at a nuclear power plant in Georgia and somewhere in San Francisco doing civil engineer stuff.  He's one of those types who is amazing at balancing his  time, and his money. He's the best provider and manages to have time for everything he wants to do in his life.  His mom was a had her doctorate in physchology and his dad worked at a steel place- which I'm pretty sure the complete opposite of his parents jobs  lead my dad to be the well rounded person he is.




This is him with his bike riding group ( on far right) after their death valley ride I think.

My mom is extremly talented and has done a lot with her life. She got her associates in travel agency ( I think thats what it was called) when she went to college before her and my dad got married. And then she went back to school later on in life and got her bachelors in Liberal Arts and then gained her teaching credentials to teach elementary age kids. She was the best teacher to me and my siblings She would spend hours working on homework with us and was always heavily involved in our education. She inspired the love of reading that we all have and is always reading a book. Shes the type that knows every answer on jeopardy and wheel of fortune, she's full of random knowledge and its awesome. She did beauty pageants when she was younger, got perfect grades, sang in madrigals and anywhere else people had her sing, she did acting, pretty much anything. Her mom was worked in fashion, doing seamstress work and designing things at a local clothing store which is why my mom has always been a fashionable person I'm pretty sure. My grandpa was in the air force in the my moms younger years and then worked as a recruiter and for California Edison (power company), which meant they always got have the cool new things first like the thing we call a microwave( my mom would tell us how exciting it was when they got one and her friends would come over and watch it with amazment, same goes for the trash compactor).



Mom singing



Swimsuit competition Mom on left, at Ms. Kings County




My parents at my sisters wedding in 2003.




Right after they got engaged, my mom is the best laugher and my dad still kinda looks like a Beatles reject.
Wedding day! At the Salt Lake City temple in Utah.


1 comments:

Julie said...

Your mom is a Fox!