BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 8-Fav places you've traveled to

So I havnt traveled very far out of the country. But I have been to Hawaii when I was younger which was amazing. I've been almost all over the west coast. I'm just going to focus on 2 of my most recent vacations. I went to Ensenada Mexico over Thanksgiving break. It was beautiful, the shopping was great, the people were so fun, and delicious food.





Another of my favorite places I recently visited, was Santa Fe, New Mexico. I adored this town. Its rich in culture, art, and really cool architecture. My favorite thing was all the art museums! I went to  the Ansel Adams/Georgia O'Keeffe gallery, and fell even more in love with the area. There was a fun little area where some local native Americans set up shops selling beautiful turquoise jewelry and of course I couldn't help myself. This was also my most spur of the moment trip, I've ever had. I bought a plane ticket a week before new years and left 2 days later. It was my last time I got to visit my dear friend Wendy before she got herself all married up.  I wasn't able to get a many pictures of me  but here's an idea of what the place looks like.
Lastly my 2 favorite places that I have visited multiple times- that I would be incredibly happy to live in one day...
-Monterrey California...Its closer to Northern CA and wonderful.My dad had business trips here every year, and we kids got to go with him. It is a beautiful little beach town, that has places selling clam chowder as you walk along, and the sound of seals barking fills the air. I was able to drive through this last summer and fell in love with the town all over again.
-Oceanside, CA. This is about an hour and a half away from my house, and I got to spend multiple summers spending it down there with my best friend Amber Iloilo. Her grandparents had a condo down there and let us come. This town is where I felt myself grow up. The beach is quiet (which is rare for beaches in Socal), the town is quiet, and is a perfect town for those who just want to relax at a warm beach (Nocal beaches arent as warm).




I'm just a California girl through and through and will probably always love this area more than anywhere else :)

0 comments: