BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Doing Something

As I look for a job in Social Work I've been thinking a lot about the things I learned and what really impacted me when I was receiving my education. The thing about Social Work classes especially at an LDS School is that you are essentially learning how to lift those that others would typically ignore. I had so many lessons especially from my favorite professor Brother Shenton, that taught me how to really love. I have been able to meet through my jobs/internships so many people that have been ignored and rejected of men. And through them I was able to see the real glory of God. I have been able to see and hear of miracles happening in peoples lives when someone just one person comes and tries to lift up the weak and feeble knees. And in reality those doing the lifting up are being lifted up themselves and realizing how much love you can feel for a person you previously would have been afraid to talk to . I hope this year I can have many opportunities to lift up the feeble knees and be able to see a change of heart in myself as a result.

0 comments: